26 September 2017
6:30PM ~ 9:30PM, 09/26/2017, Tuesday
Notice: Food and refreshment will be served.
- Registration link: atf-2017-stanford.eventbrite.com
- Event link: Alibaba Technology Forum, Stanford University, 2017
Join tech-meetup community:
- Language: Chinese
- Time: 6:30PM ~ 9:30PM, 09/26/2017, Tuesday
- Location: Alway Building, M106, Stanford University, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA
- 6:30-6:35pm Opening
- 6:35-7:15pm MacroBase: A Fast Data System by Peter Bailis, Assistant Professor, Stanford University
- 7:15-7:55pm Personalized Shopping for 400M Users by Xuemei Gu, Vice President, Alibaba Group
- 7:55-8:35pm Research at Alibaba by Yaoyun Shi, Chief Scientist of Quantum Technologies, Alibaba Cloud
- 8:35-9:15pm Keynote Speech by Yiqun Cai, Vice President, Alibaba Group
- 9:15-9:25pm Q&A
- 9:25-9:30pm Closing
Alibaba Technology Forum is designed for developers and engineering academic society to better understand the latest technology achievements and challenges of Alibaba Group. Top scientists and technology practitioners from all over the world are invited to share their latest work on next-generation technologies.
On Sep 26, Alibaba Technology Forum will be held in Stanford University. Hot topics to be discussed include Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing Data Science and so much more.
Alibaba Becomes a World Leader in AI Application Scenarios. Alibaba has deployed AI technologies, e.g., natural language processing (NLP), speech technology, video technology, image technology and machine learning) etc, to a broad range of applications in E-commerce, Financial Services, New Manufacturing, and New Retail. In diverse scenarios related to enterprise application, Alibaba has accumulated a wealth of knowledge derived from Internet-based big data, making itself a world leader in AI application.
- Gu Xuemei, Vice President, Alibaba Group
Xuemei Gu is currently the head of Alimama (Alibaba Group's ads business unit), which contribute over 50% of Alibaba Group's total revenue. Before that she was the head of Search division for two years, focusing on search and recommendation technology and products. Xuemei worked for Google Inc for 10 years in Networking Infrastructure and Knowledge Graph, and served as Google Beijing site lead for 3 years. She graduated from school of computer science of Carnegie Mellon University with master degree.
- Yaoyun Shi, Chief Scientist of Quantum Technologies, Alibaba Cloud
Yaoyun Shi is building an international team at Alibaba to realize the potential of quantum information technologies. Yaoyun received his Bachelor's degree from Peking University in 1997, and his Ph.D. from Princeton in 2001 under Andrew C.-C. Yao's supervision. He was then a postdoctoral scholar at Caltech's Institute for Quantum Information. He has been on University of Michigan's faculty since then, most recently as Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. For almost two decades, Yaoyun has been researching quantum information science, aiming to discover the ultimate information processing power endowed by Mother Nature.
Yaoyun Shi will share his personal experience of researching quantum computation at Alibaba as well as the Group’s vision for elevating its capabilities for fundamental and disruptive research.
- Yiqun Cai, Vice President, Alibaba Group
Yiqun Cai is a Vice President at Alibaba Group. He is responsible for the development and operation of the global networking platform and infrastructures. Before joining Alibaba Group, he was a Microsoft Partner in Windows Azure networking team, and prior to that, a Distinguished Engineer at Cisco Systems. He co-authored multiple Internet RFCs and holds many US patents in the area of computer networking. He graduated with an MSc degree from the University of Alberta in Canada and BSc degree from Fudan University in Shanghai.
- Peter Bailis, Assistant Professor, Stanford University
Peter Bailis is an assistant professor of Computer Science at Stanford University. Peter's research in the Future Data Systems group and DAWN project focuses on the design and implementation of post-database data-intensive systems. He is the recipient of the ACM SIGMOD Jim Gray Doctoral Dissertation Award, an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, a Berkeley Fellowship for Graduate Study, best-of-conference citations for research appearing in both SIGMOD and VLDB, and the CRA Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Award. He received a Ph.D. from UC Berkeley in 2015 and an A.B. from Harvard College in 2011, both in Computer Science.
- Alibaba Technology Forum (Silicon Valley)
- 长城会 RobotX Space
- (Bay Area) Alibaba Tech Open Day – AI, Cloud, Infrastructure and More
- (Bay Area) Alibaba New Retail / Hema Tech Day （盒马生鲜技术日）
- (Bay Area) 通向区块链3.0的未来之路
- (Bay Area) exGoogle Leaders, leap.ai co-founders share their career stories & insights (Richard Liu, Yunkai Zhou)
- (Bay Area) Augmented Intelligence to Improve Health Care Consumer Experience
- (Bay Area) GrowingIO 湾区技术同学见面会
- (Bay Area) How Pinterest Perfected New User Onboarding
- (Bay Area) Tencent Tech Day - Silicon Valley
- (Bay Area) Deep dive of DeepMap (Wei Luo)
- (Bay Area) Apache Kafka: The Rise of Real-time
- (Bay Area) 苏宁机器学习平台及Buddy AI人工智能自动客服系统技术分享
- (Bay Area) JD.com Tech Day - Leverage Technology to empower business intelligence
- (Shanghai) 采用超低功耗AI技术的小MU机器人的实现与应用
- (Bay Area) Transwarp（星环科技） && DistributedLog
- (Bay Area) AI in Service robotics and Mini Robot
- (Shanghai) Google SRE如何管理数据中心
- (Bay Area) 如何用1/6000的训练数据击败深度学习——文字识别实验讨论
- (Shanghai) Twitter Heron Streaming at Scale
- (Bay Area) AI大牛谈深度学习最新进展
- (Bay Area) 新一代创新搜索技术架构讨论专场
- (Bay Area) CAINIAO Technology Forum, Silicon Valley
- (Bay Area) How to build a NewSQL database? (Qi Liu)
- (Bay Area) The Evolution of Big Data APIs in Spark (Reynold Xin)
- (Bay Area) TensorFlow: A Large-Scale Machine Learning System (Zhifeng Chen)
- (Bay Area) Ant Financial Tech Forum (2016蚂蚁金服技术湾区论坛）
- (Bay Area) Espresso: LinkedIn’s Distributed Database (Yun Sun)
- (Bay Area) Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality (Guodong Rong)
- (Bay Area) Etcd: A key-value store Open Source for Data consistency, Data persistency, Data synchronization in Distributed system (Xiang Li)
- (Bay Area) Introduction To OpenStack (Weidong Shao & Xin Wu)
- (Bay Area) A Journey of AI: from Silicon Valley to Beijing, from Big Name to Startup (Kai Yu)
- (Bay Area) CoreOS rkt, a Container Runtime (Yifan Gu)
- (Bay Area) Borg: Large-scale Cluster Management at Google (Xiao Zhang)
- (Bay Area) Spark MLlib: Past, Present and Future (Xiangrui Meng)
- (Bay Area) Cassandra: an open source distributed database (Charles Cao)
- (Bay Area) Tachyon: an open source memory-centric distributed storage system (Bin Fan / Shaoshan Liu / Haoyuan Li)
- (Bay Area) Apache Samza: a distributed stream processing framework (Yi Pan)
- (Bay Area) 大数据时代的金融服务创新 (Li Cheng)
- (Bay Area) 大数据人工智能 (Kai Yu)
- (Bay Area) Photon: Fault-tolerant and scalable joining of continuous data streams (Tianhao Qiu)
- (Bay Area) Large-scale data science and engineering with Spark (Reynold Xin)
- (Bay Area) Building a real time data platform with Apache Kafka (Jun Rao)
- (Bay Area) Kubernetes: Google’s secret weapon for Cloud computing (Dawn Chen)
- (Bay Area) Tachyon: A Reliable Memory-Centric Distributed Storage System