15 April 2017
12:30PM - 5:30PM, 4/15/2017, Saturday
- Registration link: www.eventbrite.com/e/jdcom-tech-day-leverage-technology-to-empower-business-intelligence-tickets-32930464907?aff=eac2
- Event link: (Bay Area) JD.com Tech Day
- Language: Chinese
- Time: 12:30PM - 5:30PM, 4/15/2017, Saturday
- Location: Santa Clara Convention Center 2rd floor Theater
- 12:30 Check in
- 13:00-13:30 Consular Junming Wang, Technology Deputy, Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in San Francisco, Opening Speech
- 13:00-14:00 CTO, Chen Zhang, The Trend of Technology for next 12 years —JD.com
- 14:00-15:00 Vice President JD.COM, Eric Zhao, Artificial Intelligence and Its Personalized Application
- 15:00-15:30 Tea Break
- 15:30-16:30 Sr. Director of Security Department US R&D Center, Jimmy Su, Account Security for the Mobile Internet Era
- 16:30-17:00 Senior Director, Hui Cheng, Robot Application and Exploration for Online Direct Sales
- 17:00-17:30 Principle Scientist, Hui Zhou, AR/VR Application at JD.COM
From 2004 to 2016, JD.com has innovated its business model and grown rapidly in the field of online retail. Starting from the 3C category to B2C online retail, finance, technology, the three major strategic developments, from the three-feet counter to the Nasdaq, JD.com shows the world it's amazing growths and strengths.
For the next 12 years, JD.com will continue to dedicate itself to the technological transformation in the fields of Cloud Computing, Big data, Artificial Intelligence, AR / VR, Robotics, Internet of Things, Genetic technologies to build an intelligent shopping platform with supply chain, logistics, financial and insurance divisions. We fully open up our scientific R&D results to the public, embrace the era of technology sharing, drive the world's cutting-edge breakthroughs, and create a world leading intelligent business ecosystem.
JD Mall is setting the global standard for online shopping experience, offering a vast selection of products across every major category (3C, apparel and home furnishings, FMCG, fresh food, home appliances and others), and delivering them at amazingly fast speeds to provide a truly “one stop” shopping experience for consumers.
Established in October 2015 in Santa Clara, our US office is a research and development hub for JD. The R&D center works on big data, computer vision, UAV, autonomous vehicle, automated warehousing, search and security technologies.
In 2017, JD Silicon Valley R&D center focuses its research on:
- Big data/AI: 15PB daily, with a total volume of more than 100PB’s data size, JD has the most comprehensive, detailed data in Chinese e-commerce. JD’s big data technology improves customer experience, reduces supply chain costs and increases operational efficiency.
- Computer Vision: Focusing on face recognition, image similarity comparison and image quality assessment, JD’s computer vision technology helps maintain a healthy, safe and high-quality shopping experience.
- Search/Recommendations: Optimizing search engine of JD Mall, JD’s search strategy enables customers and merchants to achieve their desired outcomes. Customers can enjoy tailored and personalized recommendations.
- AR/VR: JD provides a set of unified modeling tools which allow users to make e-commerce applications and VR/AR content with unified standards. Apart from creating VR shopping experience, JD will focus more on AR service distribution.
- Robotics: UAV, automated warehouse, autonomous vehicles are the three important parts of JD’s smart logistics innovation. JD’s robotics technology addresses the delivery challenges in rural ecommerce, reduces workload, improves the efficiency of the logistics system and adaptability, enables JD to better address the demands of rapid growth.
- Security: JD.com is one of the largest B2C online retailers in the world. It is our mission in the security team to provide a safe and secure marketplace for our 226M active users and 120K third-party vendors. Our focus is on account security, mobile security, APT detection, and data security.
To know more about us, please visit our website: http://ir.jd.com/
Chen Zhang is the CTO of JD.com, in charge of driving R&D growth in big data and cloud computing, as well as technical support for the daily operation of JD Mall. Chen has over 20 years of experience in software development and management.
Prior to joining JD.com, he worked at Yahoo for 18 years, at one point responsible for the development of Yahoo Messenger and more recently heading the global research and development center at Yahoo Beijing. Before that, he worked in DEC and Oracle Corporation as head of technology.
He holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from Indiana University Bloomington.
- Global Career Path（GCP）
GCP provides recruiting services to Chinese technology companies in Silicon Valley, including career info sessions, local recruiting services, cross-border recruiting services.
- 数据应用学院（Data Application Lab）
- 长城会 RobotX Space
- AmeriSino Group
- WE Career
- (Bay Area) Data Extraction Revolution in Bloomberg, From Human Typing To Deep Learning Excerpting
- (Bay Area) Next-Generation AI Powered Operation System
- (Bay Area) Power Blockchain with Hardware Innovations
- (Bay Area) 区块链产业现状及技术发展（阿里巴巴技术日）
- (Bay Area) Anatomizing Blockchain through Many Views（区块链折叠）
- (Bay Area) Deep Dive of Alluxio and Google gVisor
- (Bay Area) 技术创造新商业：阿里巴巴搜索推荐&计算平台事业部硅谷开放日
- (Bay Area) Google Translate助力自然语言理解
- (Bay Area) Alibaba Tech Open Day – AI, Cloud, Infrastructure and More
- (Bay Area) 通向区块链3.0的未来之路
- (Bay Area) Alibaba New Retail / Hema Tech Day （盒马生鲜技术日）
- (Bay Area) exGoogle Leaders, leap.ai co-founders share their career stories & insights (Richard Liu, Yunkai Zhou)
- (Bay Area) Augmented Intelligence to Improve Health Care Consumer Experience
- (Bay Area) GrowingIO 湾区技术同学见面会
- (Bay Area) Alibaba Technology Forum, Stanford University
- (Bay Area) How Pinterest Perfected New User Onboarding
- (Bay Area) Tencent Tech Day - Silicon Valley
- (Bay Area) Deep dive of DeepMap (Wei Luo)
- (Bay Area) Apache Kafka: The Rise of Real-time
- (Bay Area) 苏宁机器学习平台及Buddy AI人工智能自动客服系统技术分享
- (Shanghai) 采用超低功耗AI技术的小MU机器人的实现与应用
- (Bay Area) Transwarp（星环科技） && DistributedLog
- (Bay Area) AI in Service robotics and Mini Robot
- (Shanghai) Google SRE如何管理数据中心
- (Bay Area) 如何用1/6000的训练数据击败深度学习——文字识别实验讨论
- (Shanghai) Twitter Heron Streaming at Scale
- (Bay Area) AI大牛谈深度学习最新进展
- (Bay Area) 新一代创新搜索技术架构讨论专场
- (Bay Area) CAINIAO Technology Forum, Silicon Valley
- (Bay Area) How to build a NewSQL database? (Qi Liu)
- (Bay Area) The Evolution of Big Data APIs in Spark (Reynold Xin)
- (Bay Area) TensorFlow: A Large-Scale Machine Learning System (Zhifeng Chen)
- (Bay Area) Ant Financial Tech Forum (2016蚂蚁金服技术湾区论坛）
- (Bay Area) Espresso: LinkedIn’s Distributed Database (Yun Sun)
- (Bay Area) Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality (Guodong Rong)
- (Bay Area) Etcd: A key-value store Open Source for Data consistency, Data persistency, Data synchronization in Distributed system (Xiang Li)
- (Bay Area) Introduction To OpenStack (Weidong Shao & Xin Wu)
- (Bay Area) A Journey of AI: from Silicon Valley to Beijing, from Big Name to Startup (Kai Yu)
- (Bay Area) Borg: Large-scale Cluster Management at Google (Xiao Zhang)
- (Bay Area) CoreOS rkt, a Container Runtime (Yifan Gu)
- (Bay Area) Spark MLlib: Past, Present and Future (Xiangrui Meng)
- (Bay Area) Cassandra: an open source distributed database (Charles Cao)
- (Bay Area) Tachyon: an open source memory-centric distributed storage system (Bin Fan / Shaoshan Liu / Haoyuan Li)
- (Bay Area) Apache Samza: a distributed stream processing framework (Yi Pan)
- (Bay Area) 大数据时代的金融服务创新 (Li Cheng)
- (Bay Area) 大数据人工智能 (Kai Yu)
- (Bay Area) Photon: Fault-tolerant and scalable joining of continuous data streams (Tianhao Qiu)
- (Bay Area) Large-scale data science and engineering with Spark (Reynold Xin)
- (Bay Area) Building a real time data platform with Apache Kafka (Jun Rao)
- (Bay Area) Kubernetes: Google’s secret weapon for Cloud computing (Dawn Chen)
- (Bay Area) Tachyon: A Reliable Memory-Centric Distributed Storage System